Basic Structure Finished


Sorted out the lighting – exposure to 5, sky strength at 1 but added some AO. Can’t avoid it really. Plus I had to make the duck slightly emissive to prevent the underside of the tail from being too dark. Plus I added an extra window on the right behind the camera (as there is in the actual room this is largely based on. It’s added a nice highlight to the copper bowl.

I tried a particle rug but Blender crashed, so I had to do with a diffuse texture and a magic texture at high scale for the bump. A bit too regular perhaps. Must remember to add in some distortion.

I bought the curtains from BlenderMarket for about $10. Added skirting board and architrave around the window using curves. Not too hard to do. Looking around the room I’m currently in there’s a massive amount of ‘stuff’. I guess I’ll have to add quite a bit to this scene to make it look a bit more realistic. Something in the bookshef for starters.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s