I’ve started to break out the buildings into separate files and link them back into the scene. I’ve also made them a bit wider – they were about 5m wide which is pretty small by any standard. Applied some basic materials, found a nice HDRI that I might stick with, added some sidewalks and generally finalised the composition. I don’t think the figures will make it into the final scene but I think I need some human content.
Some windows, a couple more people, minor changes to the composition. I’m quite pleased with how this is coming along. Now I need to work on the details, and I tend to find that a little boring. Let’s hope I can do a decent job of it.