I’ve been struggling with baking normals lately. Tried Blender, xNormal, Knald and Substance Designer. Seems that Substance Designer is the only one that doesn’t give me artefacts. However I seemed to be losing some detail with that, but Nate Stevens says that the red matcap material in ZBrush appears to give more detail than you really get in the model, so perhaps that is the source of ‘loss of detail’. Also the noisemaker I used in ZBrush seemed to give strange artefacts as well, so lots of traps.
With all this kerfuffle I missed my homework deadline last week. And now I’ve got lots of work to do, marking assignments. Hope I can catch up fairly quickly. Hope I’ve got the workflow sorted. I hope.