In Vue I can constrain the transform of an object, including a camera, to some other object with the Object Graph. And in Blender, although I can’t export a camera, I can make any object the active camera.
So, process is
- Create object of interest in Blender
- Create cube and make active camera
- Make sure its local z axis point away from the camera view
- Hide visibility
- Set up as camera
- Invert the local z axis (because in Vue that will be positive, not negative)
- Export both subject and camera (cube) as collada
- In Vue, constrain the camera to the imported camera cube (position and orientation)
- Hide camera cube from render
This way I don’t have to write down the transform details of the camera in Blender and then copy them to the camera in Vue. Pity that Blender renders along -Z and Vue renders along +Z, but I guess that’s easily dealt with.