New Rig

IMGP6458

Since I have some hot glue (and a hot glue gun) I thought I’d build a simple rig for shooting small objects all over. My earlier model of this owl was missing the bottom, and it was proving a little difficult to reconstruct since my ZBrush skills are pretty rudimentary. So I thought it would be a good subject to test out both this rig and my new lighting setup.

Well, the lighting setup didn’t work out as I hoped so it left me with a lot of masking. I’m seriously considering getting the latest version of Primatte Chromakey, which apparently can batch process a masking job. Would save me a lot of time.

Anyway, I got a half decent model with most of the base intact, so now to spend some time cleaning it up, meaning getting rid of all traces of the support rig and filling in some holes. If I can get it working smoothly then I’ve gained a lot from this workshop. I’m pretty happy with it really. Now I just need to write up some notes on Bootstrap for tomorrow’s classes. What a pity Mercy has an 8.30 class. It would be great if I didn’t have to get it done ’til midday tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s